Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dos Terrible

Last night I went to Dos Rios (or Dos Cabos as some like to think it is called) with L and N for a less than thrilling experience. This place gets a lot of buzz so I've tried it on several occasions all to be left utterly disappointed. How it managed to be a top 10 restaurant on the top 100 list is beyond me. I'll start with the positives, the company was fantastic, the ambiance is unique and the gauc is hard to beat, but after that it goes down hill fast.

It started with trying to make a reservation, their "sometimes we take reservations policy" is confusing. In my opinion if a customer wants to make plans to eat at your restaurant, they should rewarded and you should take their name down. After arriving the db host handed us a buzzer, then gave a rehearsed speech about our wait going by quickly, the bartender being entertaining and some rule about closing out our tab before leaving the bar area. I wasn't impressed with his attitude to say the least.

Then comes our server, she was beyond awkward, couldn't manage to make eye contact, give a friendly smile and barely said hello. It's not that difficult to strike up a conversation with three lovely ladies.

The food was mediocre. It is a Mexican restaurant for goodness sake, I have had more flavorful food at Taco Johns. I ordered tamales, one of my all-time favorite dishes and in one word I would describe them as blah. When you're asking people to pay high dollar for this type of cuisine, it should impress.

When it was all said and done we managed to spend $100, don't worry for those of you who read my previous blog, we had a gift certificate so it knocked the total down to $5o, but if someone is going to spend money in your restaurant, they need to be taken care of from beginning to end.

Despite our not great experience at Dos Rios, we had a fab time at the Cashes Rivers cd release party. It was my first time to the Mews and I am looking forward to going back as well as purchasing the new album.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like being a bit under the weather wasn't such a bad thing...other than missing spending time with the ladies and seeing cashes rivers. next time...we'll head to a local taco truck and stuff some tacos in your purse and we'll share a marg and some quac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote only going there for apps for here on out. That place is less than stellar for sure.

    ReplyDelete