Wednesday, February 23, 2011

bittersweet

I have worked my last shift at the Buckle and for those of you who know me well, your next response might be "for how long?"
After graduating college I joined Buckle full time in their Management Trainee program. I had always been a Buckle shopper and thought it might be a good start to my career. My first day I came home in tears I hated it, who knew there was so much to know about jeans, but soon I got the hang of it and my goal was to be the top seller every day and the best manager I could. Soon the hours became too crazy, I had only worked there 6 months but it felt like years. I had another job offer and decided to leave the Buckle.
Not too long after I was shopping and was recruited for Christmas help and three and half years later I was still there. I love the Buckle...I love the thrill of selling, the people, their customer service model and the discount was nice as well. It was kind of like the gym, I hated the idea of going but once I was there, I really enjoyed it.
But it had to end, my current job is requiring a lot of hours these days and it was hard to get motivated to go to another job after just working a 10 hour shift. Hopefully now with my evenings free, I'll have no more excuses not to go the gym, menu plan or blog. :) But who knows, maybe someday I'll find myself back at the Buckle.

3 comments:

  1. sad day! no more chipotle forever! booooooo.
    hopefully we see more blogs with your evenings free. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree the hardest part of saying goodbye to valley west was breaking up with chipotle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete