Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just Try and Ruin My Day

I am not going to give you my list of excuses for not blogging lately but today I had a revelation, blogs are a powerful thing. I follow a blog entitled, Just Try And Ruin My Day. Brian was diagnosed with cancer 10 months ago and I heard about his story through an article I read on the Cedar Rapids Gazette, found his blog and have been following ever since. I read today that he passed away, I was filled with sadness and tears, I felt like I lost a friend because through his words I got to know him. Brian loved life, I could tell that even through his fight with cancer he was still enjoying every day he had. I have to keep reminding myself life is not about our jobs, our homes and the day to day chaos, it is about fulfilling a much bigger purpose. My heart and prayers go out to the Pritchard family, thank you for reminding me that "life is a blur. live it."

3 comments:

  1. Ooof, lots of tears reading that. It was such a heartfelt, positive, and honest post. I love that line she included, "there is always good in people, you just have to find it." A great thing to remember, along with what you said about living life.

    Great post, welcome back to the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete