Sunday, February 27, 2011

Irina's

Last night we met Jared's cousin and husband for dinner at Irina's. We decided on Irina's after several other options fell through, in case you were wondering Le Jardin and Azaela's are no longer open. I've only been to Irina's one other time for L's birthday a few years ago and my experience was far from pleasant, the bartenders were not only out of every thing you could imagine, they also served a bright green long island and showed off some crazy Russian magic tricks, all while we were entertaining ourselves cheering on USA in the Olympics.

Our experience wasn't much better this time around. The drinks were expensive, the service was slow and the food was okay. When we walked in I saw a nice dining room with white table cloths and candles but we were instead seated in the bar where pictures of Russia flashed up on the wall from a projector. I chose the stuffed salmon which had feta, sauteed spinach and bacon but after sawing through a toothpick they left in, I wasn't too thrilled to finish my dish. My meal also came with a potato and grilled veggies, the roasted garlic mashed potatoes were bland and I got two measly burnt pieces of asparagus.

For a positive our company was great and Jared enjoyed his beef stroganoff.

2 comments: