Tuesday, May 10, 2011

cafe monarch


Cafe Monarch in Scottsdale, AZ is hands down the best dining experience I've ever had. The food was amazing and full of flavor and different textures. The atmosphere was so unique. There were about six tables outside and inside was an eat-in kitchen where you could watch the chef prepare your food right in front of you. We chose to eat outside because I rarely pass that opportunity up because there are only a few months when we can do that in DSM.

Chef Christopher is a one-man show, he greets you at the door, pours your drinks, cooks your meal, serves your food and is your cashier when you're all done.

Another one of my favorite features about this place is that the menu changes daily and he writes it with chalk on the outside of his door. You're in for a surprise every time you visit.

J-rod had a pork lion with a red chilli sauce over a corn polenta. I chose the prosciutto pesto bruschetta, say that 5x fast. It was served over a green salad, with a variety of tomatoes with a honey lemon vinaigrette.

This restaurant definitely deserves the 5-star rating on yelp. I would go back to Scottsdale just to eat here. If you're planning on dining at Cafe Monarch, I would recommend a reservation, it currently has at least a month wait for dinner.

And after a short conversation with the chef I found he is from Iowa, no wonder I liked him and his restaurant so much.





3 comments: