Sunday, May 1, 2011

menu posting

Back to reality and back to a budget. The past few weeks with moving and vacation, it's been hard to stick to a plan and I actually missed doing it. But tomorrow, we'll be back on track. My grocery total came in just under $45 this week.

Below you'll find this week's menu. Enjoy!

Monday: Grilled ham steak with spicy pineapple sauce, baked potatoes and lemon pepper broccoli
Tuesday: Ginger marinated steak and noodle salad
Wednesday: Chipotle-honey-glazed chicken wings and LW's famous mac-n-cheese corn casserole
Thursday: Cinco De Mayo (probably won't be the same as last year's celebration as we were in Mexico but at least we'll eat like we are there.) Chicken fajitas, homemade gauc, Mexican rice and black beans
Friday: Dining out with the 'rents (location TBA.)
Saturday: 801 Steak and Chophouse - Jared promised me he'd take me there on our 23rd wedding anniversary (don't ask me why the 23rd, he was probably hoping I'd forget about it by then but thanks to Groupon we don't have to wait so long!) *Blog review to follow
Sunday: Beef and noodle lasagna toss with fresh garlic green beans

Let me know if you'd like any of the recipes.

5 comments:

  1. I would like the recipe to eat at the 801. Everything sounds good execpt the fajitas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. since you don't seem to have a "leftover night", do you take them for lunch?
    just curious...and envious. I hope to get as disciplined as you and cook that many different meals each week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. middleson, yep we take our leftovers for lunch. which is great because we save money by not buying lunch groceries or going out and then i look forward to lunch. it is hard for me to be excited to eat a frozen meal or can of soup. i have confidence you can do it, it really doesn't take me more than 20 minutes to plan out my meals and then a quick trip to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i have to recipe for the baked potatoes. just kidding i will take the recipe for the mac and cheese please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo...tuesday's meal was my favorite...no doubt about it. it was fantastic. probably a 10 out of 10. the other meals...let's see...monday = 8; wednesday 8; thursday 9; friday...we'll see...depends on where your mom decides we eat. saturday...i'll go out on a limb and say 9.5.

    ReplyDelete