Monday, May 16, 2011

something borrowed


We had a Fandango tickets that were going to expire in the next couple of weeks that we bought for cheap through Living Social so this weekend we went to see Something Borrowed.

I didn't know much about the movie at all except that it had John Krasinski aka "Jim" in it, so I knew it would be good and it didn't disappoint. I'm sure it is no surprise to anyone but I am a sucker for romantic comedies and this movie definitely falls into that category but don't write it off quite yet.

John Krasinski and Kate Hudson gave solid performances, but Kate Hudson needs to stop playing characters that are in their twenty-somethings, it's getting harder to believe. And if you're looking for a movie with product placement, Heineken beer makes it into every other scene.

Even though the storyline is similar to movies we've all seen before, it was charming, entertaining and kept you guessing.

Can't wait to check out the book by Emily Griffin.

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to mention the Tom Cruise look-a-like a la 'Cocktail' and 'Top Gun.' It was a good movie...some funny moments...wish I could dress like John's character...
    If I remember correctly, this was your pick...which means I get to choose next...Green Lantern? Thor? Harry Potter 85?

    ReplyDelete