Monday, July 11, 2011

squinnies update


i was finally coming to terms with the squinnies. i realized they weren't doing any harm so i should learn to get over my fear. then last week i found one nestled up in my tarragon, not once but twice and after pounding on the patio door, it wasn't even phased by me. that was it, WAR.

we went back online to do some research and while everyone suggests just shooting them, i still don't think a gun will be in my future. instead i went to the store and bought rat poisoning. while i do feel extremely guilty about killing these guys off, i am ready for them to stop making a mess and to leave my herbs alone.

j-rod set out the poisoning and the next day it was gone. i then saw a squinny running around on the deck like a crazy person, so maybe it worked? i am sure there are more just lurking around the yard, but i am determined to get rid of them one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment