Monday, February 13, 2012

cheese rice

what is the first thing you learned how to cook? for me it was cheese rice. what is cheese rice you may ask? it is as simple as it sounds; rice, velveeta and milk.

it amazes me how you can have one bite of a dish and it can take you back to a place in time.  my mom taught me how to make cheese rice when i was in grade school.  and to this day when i eat cheese rice it takes me straight back to the memories of eating this dish out of a brightly colored tupperware bowl sitting in my parent's kitchen.

just one more reason i love food, it triggers so many wonderful memories.


5 comments:

  1. i've never had cheese rice but i will agree that the taste and smell of a certain dish can transport you. and i love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where does a pink tupperware bowl of cheeseball take you? HAHA! I've never had cheese rice. I think I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make some cheese rice! But does it taste the same since it is not in a colored tupperware bowl? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheese rice is more like a nightmare instead of a memory.

    ReplyDelete