Thursday, March 15, 2012

sewing kit

i am not a sewer. period. to prove my point i will share a short story with you.

in 8th grade home ec class we were tasked with sewing a football together, well i sewed mine inside out. how...i have no idea. my teacher got so frustrated instead of showing me how to fix it, she just did it for me. from that moment i just gave up on sewing.  probably not the best attitude but it is the truth.

thankfully jared knows how to sew on buttons but anything more complicated than that either needs to go to a tailor or my mom. well this past weekend my mom was in town and i had a tank that needed fixed. i asked her if she could help or if i needed to bring it to the tailor, silly question.  she couldn't believe i couldn't fix it myself and then asked to see my sewing box. well that's just say my "sewing box" is more like a sewing kit.  it contains the bare essentials and i still have no idea what to do with it.

maybe this can be the one thing i learn how to do this year...emphasis on the maybe.  

thanks mom for taking care of me for now.

2 comments:

  1. Learning to sew is on my to do list! Maybe we can look into sewing classes?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where I went wrong. Oh yeah, we kept you girls on the go. There will be lessons for you and your sister!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete