Sunday, April 3, 2011

Menu Posting

Here is the latest and greatest posting for the week. I did much better with my grocery budget this week, less than $43.00!

Monday: Meatloaf sandwich & chili carrots
Tuesday: Spinach & pea risotto
Wednesday: Lemon poppy seed chicken, brown rice & corn
Thursday: Pasta with homemade marinara sauce & spinach salad
Friday: Smokey D's BBQ with my fam
Saturday: Chicago dogs, baked beans & roasted potatoes
Sunday: Beef stroganoff over egg noodles

A few people have asked me how I come up with menu ideas and I wish I had a simple answer but I'll do my best to explain. I spend 15-20 minutes every Sunday and look through my pantry for ingredients I already have and then flip through magazines, my recipe box or cookbooks to come up with ideas that utilize what I already have and items that just sound good! Also, way too much time is spent watching Food Network in our household, so I usually get an idea or two from there. I also try to alternate between non-meat, poultry and beef dishes so we aren't eating the same thing every night and it is much healthier this way.

Bon appetit.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your menus each week!! And great job with all your savings!! Keep this up and you'll save [...carry the 2....] $3000!!! Sounds like a nice vaycay to me :)

    Can't wait for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 for 2 on tasty meals! Love this idea of yours <3

    ReplyDelete