Monday, September 26, 2011

snob alert


went to flour last week for lunch and had a little bit of a mix up.  i was at an event that they catered a couple of months ago and they served this delicious lemon soda that i wanted to try again.  i ordered the pear and blue cheese pizza along with the champagne vinaigrette salad (in case you were curious, both were delicious but they were a little chintzy with the blue cheese.)  i then described what i wanted to drink as "a sparkling lemon soda." he charged my card and then handed me a san pellegrino (sparkling mineral water.)  what?! this isn't what i ordered.  i asked if this is the only flavor they had and he said yes.  considering i probably paid $4.00 for it, i decided not to trade it in for a coke.

as i was walking away from the counter i felt super snooty and wanted to hide.  so it left me with no choice but just to own it.  i figured hey, i love water so this will probably be the best water i've ever had (well at least it better be, considering it cost so much.) i had one sip and wanted to spit it out.  disgusting.

i just couldn't do it.  thankfully j-rod was with me and traded me his free tap water.
found what i was looking for at costco - i knew i loved that place.
pear blue cheese pizza along with the champagne vinaigrette salad.


3 comments:

  1. the limonata is good but the araciata is my fave.
    a 24-pack!!!! wow. that is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to try the araciata flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pelligrino is my fav! In fact I find I drink more water when I drink the sparkling stuff.

    ReplyDelete