Friday, March 25, 2011

Gusto


I finally made it to Gusto last night, definitely worth the wait. We chose the "Aphrodite" pizza which had a red pepper pesto, red onions, goat cheese, fresh basil and a balsamic glaze. The goat cheese was super creamy and rich and the balsamic provided a nice tang and balance.

For a starter I went with the house salad with a homemade balsamic-romano vinaigrette. They had a variety of house made dressings to choose from, Jared went with the garlic-fennel vinaigrette. Homemade dressings are often how I judge a great restaurant from an average one, it's not that hard to make salad dressing people. The salad reminded me of a lot of the Centro salad which is my favorite salad in town.

They are well deserving of a number one seed in The Great Des Moines Pizza Tournament.

Can't wait to go back again, I might even have to splurge on dessert, the holy cannoli with lemon ricotta was pretty tempting.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Stacy- I have been reading your blog lately and it has been fun to see what you guys are up too! Glad that you and Jared are doing well! Love ya,
    Lizz

    ReplyDelete