Wednesday, August 24, 2011

driver's ed

i am pretty open and honest about my driving skills...they could use some improvement.

maybe the reason i'm a terrible driver boils down to my driver's ed teacher. i always thought he was a nice guy but overall pretty goofy and scatterbrained. my favorite driver's ed story is one day he wanted us to drive backwards through cones successfully without knocking one over. i knew there was no way i'd be able to do that and therefore never be able to get my license. when it came to my turn, i convinced him i had done it the week earlier and for whatever reason he believed me. phew.

well on Monday he was charged with providing alcohol to minors during a driving lesson. apparently they took a pit stop to olive garden, where he offered up wine to a 14-year-old and a 16-year-old and then let them get behind the wheel. DUMB. he is now facing a serious misdemeanor charge.

this story is getting all sorts of attention including a round table discussion topic on chelsea lately, the huffington post, a london newspaper and several other news outlets.


1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! Unbelievable what goes on in this world sometimes...

    ReplyDelete