Thursday, January 5, 2012

movie marathon

 i spent most of my christmas break relaxing and watching quite a few movies.  here is the list of all i saw:

a christmas story -- the last one on my must-watch list of christmas movies and i couldn't wait for the TBS marathon to start.

young adult -- charlize did a fantastic job per usual but it was very awkward watching her try to break up a marriage. 

the help -- nicole and i went and saw this one in the theater but i couldn't wait to watch it again on dvd with my family.

the girl with the dragon tattoo -- a great suspenseful story but way too graphic and disturbing for me.

my week with marilyn -- amazing acting and i felt like i went back in time for a couple of hours. not super thrilling but worth seeing.

midnight in paris -- i will admit i had not even heard of this movie until the golden globe nominations came out.  it was an interesting story but overall i found that it moved at a super slow pace and never got going like i thought it would.


dan in real life -- jared got this for me as a christmas gift and it continues to be one of my favorites.   


i also rented my first red box movie over break...i know i'm two years behind.  it was a pretty easy process but unfortunately i didn't get to watch it. one, we "pre-ordered" our movie to be picked up in indianola via the red box app since we were in town visiting the sievers' but forgot to get it on our way out of town. oh well, i decided just to eat the $1.00.  we then found the same movie at the closest red box to our house, brought it home and it was so scratched up it skipped nonstop. guess it wasn't in the cards, maybe next time red box.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so many "cinematic adventures", as Dane Cook would say.

    I LOVE Dan in Real Life. It tugs at your heart, yet warms the heart at the same time. My favorite part of the movie and what makes me cry EVERY time I watch it is when he sings the one verse of "Let My Love Open the Door" ...ugh, SO good!!

    ReplyDelete