Monday, January 30, 2012

weekly menu posting

happy monday everyone!  here is my menu for the week, i'll let you in on a little secret...it is my birthday week. i would like to think of it as national holiday of sorts so you'll see some of my favorite places and recipes below.

sunday: monterrey -- we only got chips, salsa and queso along with a margarita so i really don't count this as eating out for the week.

monday: shrimp lo mein with peanut sauce -- i love peanut sauce so instead of the sauce that was listed in the recipe i made my own with peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, rice wine vinegar and water.

tuesday: slow-cooker spaghetti bolognese -- i've never made spaghetti sauce in a slow-cooker but this sure seems easy enough.

wednesday:  baked spinach and pea risotto -- this is my favorite recipe from 2011 so it is making my birthday week menu. i could eat this recipe once a week, i love it that much.

thursday: easy chicken cordon bleu with fresh broccoli  -- i've never attempted chicken cordon bleu but i found this recipe on pinterest and it looked delish.

friday: jethro's -- my family is coming to town and i have a couple projects lined up for my dad and the only payment he requests is to be paid in jethro's...i think we can handle that.

saturday: simon's -- it is my birthday so it is my pick of where we get eat and of course i have to pick my favorite restaurant.

1 comment: