Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Weekly Menu Posting (guest post)

So, here's the deal. Stacy is in Florida for the week and I have the house to myself. As you know, Stacy does a great job planning meals for the week. With her gone, I've been eating like, well, your stereotypical, single male.

Sunday lunch: turkey sausage and two fried eggs.
Sunday dinner: bowl of cereal and popped popcorn on the stove.
Monday lunch: leftovers from last Friday (chicken, potatoes, bacon -- I skipped the cabbage)
Monday dinner: leftover turkey sausage, two fried eggs and some hash browns.
Tuesday lunch: leftover chicken and wild rice soup.
Tuesday dinner: a black bean burger and broccoli.

As I type that, it doesn't sound too bad -- though I know Stacy would be disappointed.

Anyway, here is the menu for the rest of the week.

Wednesday lunch: work party to celebrate the completion of a project @ incredible pizza company
Wednesday dinner: no clue. No more black bean burgers, so that isn't an option. Maybe cereal and popcorn?
Thursday lunch: no clue.
Thursday dinner: no clue.
Friday lunch: no clue.
Friday supper: dinner out somewhere with Stacy's family as they're visiting. Maybe sushi? :-)
Saturday lunch: Goldie's Ice Cream Shoppe (somehow, this place ended up #4 on the Central Iowa Top 100 List. Supposedly the best breaded tenderloin in the state. We've been before and it was tasty).
Saturday dinner: we'll be gone most of the morning at the Iowa Speedway where Stacy's Dad and Sister get to ride in a stock car. Will be a good time. When we get home, hopefully we'll watch the Hawks and get this in the oven. Braised Pork in the Dutch Oven. I think we'll switch the red wine and beef stock for white wine and chicken stock and serve with mashed potatoes. Yum!
Sunday lunch: Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese

I'll get the approval from Stacy on the remaining menu for the week before I head to the store, but it looks pretty good to me!

Sometimes it is nice to have the place to yourself, but that doesn't last too long. I miss my wife.

-Jared

4 comments:

  1. where's costco on the list?? ;) hope you get to see your wife soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared you have my approval, thanks for the guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilary - headed to Costco after work after a trip to Fareway for groceries. Had several samples and got a few items. Was hard to pass on a hot dog and soda.

    ReplyDelete