Sunday, October 2, 2011

i missed the bus...


last week the bus and i weren't friends.  let me explain.

day one:
my coworker also took the bus that particular day and we decided to walk to the bus stop together.  turns out, his bus stop is different than mine but i didn't know that at the time.  i see my bus across the street (heading south jared tells me after the fact) getting ready to take off so i sprint across the street (problem one, this is why people get hit by buses because i was so frantic i didn't look before i crossed the street. problem two, i had heels on so i'm sure it was a sight to see.) i made it just in time and sit down to realize no one else is on the bus...strange i thought but just went on about my business.  i texted jared to let him know i got on the bus at a different location, but would make sure to save him a seat as i was the only one on the bus.  he soon called with one foot on the bus saying, "the bus isn't empty, it is completely full, where are you?" i look up and realize we are crossing sw 7th. i then like a moron have to ask the bus driver, "sir, what bus is this?"  to my relief i was on the correct bus, just got on at the wrong time. i got on the 4:55 bus instead of the 4:35. so i just had to ride around downtown for twenty minutes by myself.  and that made me once again late for a date with G&L.

day two:
took the bus, with no problems.  i thought phew, i finally got this figured out.  the bus drops me off and it starts raining.  guess who doesn't have an umbrella?  this girl. 

day three: 
i walked with my coworker again to the bus stop and i see my bus parked across the street headed the correct direction - west. perfect.  unlike a couple days prior, i learned from my mistake and looked across the street before jetting across.  unfortunately that two extra seconds was too long, i see the bus pulling away. i put my best speed walking skills to use and try to chase after it.  i chased after it to a couple more stops and realized it wasn't going to happen.  so back to wasting another 20 minutes to wait for the next one.

then to make matters worse on friday's morning news they announced it was ron cheatem's (not to be confused with don cheadle) last day at dart. sad.  who is going to tell me, "ride dart, we'll take you there. be safe out there" every day.

i'm sure this week's bus adventures will be better because i now have some entertainment, an iPad! i traded in my bartending cash i've been saving up to purchase it.  i've only had it for 48 hours and jared tells me i spent a lot of money just to play wheel of fortune.





3 comments:

  1. i thought it was john cheadle?

    you got the ipad?!? how exciting!! you should try out kc's bug squashing game. it's pretty fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. also not to be confused with john cheatum :) man so many names out there haha. Can't wait to hear how fab the iPad is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny...first app that gets brought up when i'm doing iPad trainings..."Do you have Angry Birds?"

    ReplyDelete