Tuesday, October 11, 2011

weird science

i don't claim to be bill nye the science guy but ever since going to the body worlds vital exhibit at the science center this summer, i've been super interested in learning more about the human body. 

today i ran across this article about 50 incredibly weird facts about the human body.  i went through it pretty quick, but a few caught my eye so i thought i would share.

did you know...


that you're taller in the morning -- reminder to always take my health assessment in the am

your hearing decreases when you overeat -- pretty strange correlation if you ask me

women smell better than men -- well obviously, but we also are better at identifying smells


when you take a step, you are using up to 200 muscles -- we should all be taking 10,000 steps a day, now that's a workout

a sneeze can exceed 100 mph -- probably not a good idea to hold those things in, that's some power

a higher I.Q. equals more dreams -- this might be my favorite only because i dream a lot and can almost always  remember the vivid details, so for this moment i'm going to think that makes me smart :)


3 comments:

  1. So you're telling me I'm stupid?!? I don't remember a lot of my dreams and the ones I do - I usually don't remember in great detail.

    Maybe this explains my lack of math and directions skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could tell u alot about the human body but you never want to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nicole, that can't be true...i'm also terrible with directions.

    @rachel, you have a great point.

    ReplyDelete