Wednesday, November 30, 2011

downward dog

today i switched up my routine and went to yoga over my lunch break .  holy cow.  it has been months since i've done yoga and it isn't something you can just jump right back into.  whatever strength and flexibility i once had is long gone. at one point the instructor had the entire class doing tripods and headstands, let's just say i didn't get anywhere close to completing either and was a huge embarrassment to myself. i just tried to hide in the corner so she wouldn't notice me.

after my disastrous yoga class i did what anyone would do, went a bought a snack. and when i say snack i mean i ate an entire bag of caramel crunch chex mix (first time trying this, it was delish...obviously) and a bottle of coke.  after doing the mental math (carry the two) i estimated i inhaled approximately 600 calories. there went all my calories i burnt plus some.

crossing my fingers that friday's class will be better and that no headstands are involved or bags of chex mix are consumed.








1 comment:

  1. I just did Yoga for the first time in 4+ months on Monday and I can totally relate! My hamstrings were killing me! Luckily we did NOT do any headstands - which I can tolerate, it's those pesky HANDstands that kill me!

    ReplyDelete