Tuesday, June 14, 2011

crazy weekend

Here's a weekend recap:

Friday: Relay for Life. J-rod and I headed to Indianola to participate in Relay for Life with the Sievers' family. Our team had a pool party theme, which might have been more fun if it were about 20 degrees warmer. Jared was a sport and rocked a bikini for the Mrs. Relay lap trying to raise a little extra money for our team. While he didn't get the most money out of all the dressed up dudes, he did bring in almost $60.00.

We've participated in this event in the past, it is a fun way to raise money for a great cause. I even managed to take home one of the silent auction items. Pretty excited about a dozen Funaro's cinnamon rolls, a pedicure and the rest of my beach basket winnings.

Saturday: PBC. We have had so much fun on BC the past two years, we decided to do a practice run through on Saturday. We had a great time and while it could have been a little warmer, we made the most of it and a few managed to get quite the sunburn. Oh and I'd like to add I'm sure we had the best food on the water.

Sunday: Family Reunion. While most might cringe at the idea of spending a whole day at a family reunion, I had such a great time. I hadn't seen my extended family since Christmas and was so excited to see them. I also got to see great aunts, uncles and cousins whom I hadn't seen in years. We couldn't have asked for a better day for a picnic. And you should have seen the spread, we had a dessert table that was as large as the main entree one.

We also had the chance to meet up with Jared's parents at my favorite ice cream place EVER, The Dairy Mart. I've been going since I was a child and ordered my usual, an upside down strawberry-vanilla twist cone.

Monday: Day of Rest. Since our weekend was so crazy busy we decided to take Monday off and get some much needed rest. I was able to get some reading done, watch a movie, run some errands, grab a Big Gulp and get our sprinkler system set up (not that it's needed anytime soon because I feel all it does is rain anymore.)

No comments:

Post a Comment