Sunday, June 5, 2011

squinnies?


Not until I moved to West Des Moines had I ever seen or heard of a squinny or as I thought they were called "squinnties" aka ground squirrels. Pretty sure these creatures didn't exist in Mount Pleasant.

I'm not afraid of regular squirrels and growing up I was a fan of Alvin and the Chipmunks but for whatever reason I am scared to death of their much smaller, more agile relative. And they seem to really like our new house, I often see them hanging out on our back brick patio and near our front steps.

I googled how to get rid of them and have decided I'm stuck with them. None of their methods would ever work for me. I'm not on board with getting a cat, trapping them in a cage or using rat poison.

And in case you were wondering I made JH pick out the picture for my blog as I was cringing in my seat looking at their mug shots.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. squinnies?!? haven't heard of it either.

    but we've got several friendly chipmunks at our place too. we just agree to stay out of each other's way.

    ReplyDelete