Friday, June 3, 2011

jeni's



I heard about Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams through a show I love on FN called "Best Thing I Ever Ate." The theme that episode was Hot & Spicy Foods, so I was obviously interested but became even more intrigued when Ted Allen was talking about queen city cayenne ice cream from Jeni's. I just had to try it, while I begged JH for a road trip but I knew a visit to the buckeye state would not be in my future. I went online and found out they delivered but of course it was for a pretty penny. Jeni's is known for their unique flavors and high quality ingredients.

Thankfully I was able to try Jeni's without even leaving DSM. One of my clients was traveling to Columbus for a wedding last year and I told her she should try Jeni's so I sent her the link and she called me almost immediately afterwards and told me she discovered through their website that they they sold it at Gateway Market! She was then gracious enough to bring me two pints the next day and I was in love.

I've tried a few flavors and hands-down my favorite is Salty Caramel, it is so good! My brother-in-law has been in Columbus for work this past week, so of course I had to pass on the good news and yesterday he sent me this picture:

I can't wait to get to Jeni's someday and check out the place for myself, I might have to trick Jared into an IA/OSU football game so I can get some ice cream.

Unfortunately, I called Gateway yesterday to see if they had any of the cayenne ice cream in because I have yet to try that flavor and they no longer carry Jeni's...I think I might have to call and beg them to rethink that.

No comments:

Post a Comment