Wednesday, June 8, 2011

gold status


I've reached Gold Level status at Starbucks...what does that mean you may ask? It means I spend too much money there. But either way I am so excited! I've been working on it since January.

In all actuality if you do go to Starbucks it is a great program and it is so easy! Instead of paying with cash or a debit card, you pay with a gift card and it tracks all your purchases. Just for registering your card, you get a free drink on your birthday. Once you buy 5 drinks (green level) with your card, you get to add free extra syrups and milk upgrades, free refills on tea and coffee along with a free beverage with any whole bean purchase. When you get to 30 drinks (gold level) you get all the perks that come with the other levels along with a free beverage every 15 drinks and my favorite part a personalized gold Starbucks card.

I'm beginning to feel a little like George Clooney from Up in the Air right now...

And don't you worry I've done the math, it equates one drink or so a week since January.
30 drinks x $4.19 = $125.70.

If you remember back, I received almost $150 in Starbucks gift cards for Christmas, so I technically haven't spent any of my own money yet.

3 comments:

  1. "carry the two..." great math skills :)

    and congrats on the gold status!!

    gotta love starbucks! my new fav is the strawberry frap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my frequency of stopping there is getting too high, which is what usually happens in the last couple months of the (school) year. i'm hoping summer will break my habit.
    tasty stuff though. tough to beat a chai on a cold day.
    congrats on your upgrade!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Stacy. Everyone say hi Stacy

    ReplyDelete